Yoga In-Depth Training & Certification
September 15, 2022 - August 19, 2023
🏵 Now More Than Ever, The World Needs “Mind-Body-Spirit Healers” 🏵
ATTENTION YTT 200 Instructors and EXPERIENCED Yogi's! It's Time To Answer Your Calling And Take Your Yoga Practice and Offerings To The Next Level.
If you thought your transformation in YTT 200 was profound, then buckle up and hold on tight because for YTT 300 we've put together an elite panel of heart centered teachers to enhance your yoga skills in everything from Asanas, Pranayamas, Meditations, Adjustments, Anatomy, Chakras, Ayurveda, dive deep into Therapeutic Yoga and some advanced business and marketing direction.
With the bizarre, strange, and sometimes crazy few years we've all had, it's brought to light that the world is in desperate need of healers, leaders and bringers of Light & Love. For ourselves and the sake of our brothers and sisters on the planet that we are meant to impact, there's no more excuses to stay in the shadows and hide the gifts YOU were meant to share.
The heart of the planet is bleeding, the Soul of (wo)man kind is wailing and the Spirit that connects us all is yearning for you to step up and play your part! THIS 300 HR Yoga Teacher Training will prepare you to enter the world as the Ultimate Mind-Body-Spirit Healer you are being called to BE!
"The dharma of a yoga teacher is one of the greatest services that can be given to the world." ~ Gabriel Halpern
Not Just Teaching To A Screen!
We believe the best way for you to get the most out of this training is to deliver 100% of it LIVE! That's right, unlike many other YTT programs out there who are moving to pre-recorded classes, we've decided to keep the classes interactive, taught in real time with real people so your instructor can adjust on the fly based on the exact needs of ALL who are in attendance.
The recent years have forced many of us onto a screen of some sort way more than we wanted to and we want to make your experience as "real" as possible, so we promise that every class in this 300 HR training will be delivered LIVE!
We've Got One Of The Top 10 Most Influential Yoga Teachers in America For You!
You are in for a massive treat, because we are humbly grateful for the panel of amazing teachers that the universe has aligned us with (and you) for this training. Starting with our lead trainer Gabriel Halpern he was named one of the Top 10 Most Influential Yoga Teachers in America (by YogaJournal https://www.yogajournal.com/teach/10-influential-teachers-shaped-yoga-america/ ) and is often referred to as “The Grandfather” in the Chicago Yoga world where he’s been teaching for the past 48 years.
We honestly can't say enough about how blessed we are to have Gabriel as your head instructor throughout this YTT 300. Gabriel is approaching his final years of teaching YTT so this offering may be one of or THEE last chance to train with Gabriel. He has put together a training for you that is unique and dedicated to making sure you get increased amounts of "teaching" practice.
Instead of overloading students with too many poses to study, practice AND be able to teach, there will be fewer poses and MUCH more practicing and honing of your teaching skills.
This way you get a curriculum based on your ability to teach more effectively with your individual style of delivering your yoga offerings.
An In-depth Therapeutic Focus!
In conjunction to improving your teaching skills, this training will be heavily focused on therapeutic variations of Yoga. You will begin your journey to developing and mastering a "healer's" perspective so that you can transmit what you know from a place of truth and congruency.
By now, we are sure you've noticed that students with a garden variety of ailments and look to you as a leader or guide on how to take care of their well-being. Sure YTT 200 prepares most instructors with basic knowledge and foundation to help, but the basic's won't be enough to truly make a lasting impact.
You will build on your current proficiency with specific modifications and prop usage to help your students stretch beyond their current limits in mind, body and spirit. Targeting the variety of conditions that show up on the mats with total confidence in your ability to think on your feet and utilize your next level of teaching and healing tools to serve them fully.
With this certification you'll be leading your classes as an "Ultimate Mind-Body-Spirit Healer", fully equipped with advanced asana, mediation, pranayama and a detailed study of anatomy that truly transforms your understanding of Yoga.
This is a Once-In-Lifetime opportunity, because there's no way to know for certain if we'll be able to corral this group of exceptional instructors for another 300 hours at any time in the future.
It's time to share the beauty and depth of the what we all love, and aspire to live to the best of our abilities... so come Yoga(Unite) with us for 300 hours!
TEACHERS (read "Meet Your Teachers" below)
CLASS MEETING TIMES
➤ Class meeting times:
- Thursday 5:30pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
- Fridays 5:30pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
- Saturdays 10:30am- 1:30pm & 2:30pm- 5:30pm (Saturdays Live @Rising Lotus/ option @Zoom)
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
What You'll Be Learning:
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, HISTORY, LIFESTYLE & ETHICS OF YOGA TEACHERS
• Dive deep into seminal yogic texts and their philosophical roots like the Vedas and Upanishads.
• Plunge into readings and discussions on the principles and evolution behind Hinduism.
• Study the Yamas and Niyamas on and off the mat.
• Realize the difficulty and challenge of being a role model while still working on oneself.
• Discussing and writing on the subject of self-study.
• Understand the gerontological issues not only of body and psychology, but also end of life issues.
• Learn how provide safer ways for older and elderly students to continue lifelong practice.
• Learn and understand adaptation, modification, and safety as keys factors to successfully designing a program to accommodate what older anatomies need.
• Train to learn how to work with people who have suffered extreme upheavals in life that require a nuanced approach to their special needs. Issues of abuse, violence, PTSD, etc. will be explored.
• Expand awareness and sensitivity to aspects of healing that the average student does not require but students with trauma backgrounds do.
• Learn the importance of restorative poses to manage stress and the role of how suffering in yoga philosophy can lead to freedom within one’s limitation will be taught.
THERAPEUTICS OF YOGA & IT'S TEACHINGS
• Earn to bring subjective and objective awareness to the technique of recognizing one’s own anatomy the misalignments. • Understanding the mechanism of neurological dysfunction using Parkinson’s and MS as frames of reference.
• Learn how to pacify over heated conditions, reduce impingements and re-learn how to relax overtaxed nervous system.
• Understand and learn how to sensitize and adapt to hormonal changes in women’s lives like mensuration, pregnancy, menopause (and more) and necessitate how practice needs to shift to accommodate the seasons of a woman’s life.
• Learn how to adapt the yoga system to oncological issues and major health crisis’s.
• Discover what poses are safe to do pose-operatively.
• Understand how to be of service to those facing cancer so that they not only survive but thrive through the process.
• Understand how the breath pathways get obstructed and what can a yoga teacher do as a pulmonary therapist to offer
alternatives to compliment allopathic approaches to COPD, emphysema, etc.
• Learn how to arrange restorative poses to open the lobes of the lungs passively and not force breathing exercises
prematurely on students who cannot breathe deeply.
• Many critiques exist about the American diet and how unhealthy it can be. Crohn’s, IBS, Diabetes, etc., all represent
digestive difficulties that can impact a person’s well being. Therefore, we will discuss the holistic lifestyle and how
food needs to become one’s medicine.
• Looking at the 3rd Chakra issues and how waring patters reflect personal power loss thereof.
• Learn to set up a sequence of poses that relax and strengthen the stomach and other core muscles.
ADVANCED ASANA with Wade (Mindful Vinyasa Yoga as the foundation)
• What does it mean to teach advanced asana with inclusion and how do we see bodies with a more refined lens
• Advancing Asana in depth with alignment modifications including prep work and considerations for all bodies.
• Creating a roadmap from base postures to advanced postures so that there is a clear template moving forward
• Using props and the wall to aid in the journey of full expression of the postures, fine-tuned to the individuals body
• Group discussions on Misalignments, Cueing challenges and how to guide others with precision and 'heart'
• What is Advanced Mindful Vinyasa and how can we use this form of Sequencing to help our students find more space, strength and stability in their body and bring love and acceptance to their practice.
• Sequencing movements of the spine, symmetrical and asymmetrical postures and taking that to the next level.
• Creating a library of Mindful Flow Sequences with focus on 'break-down' able moments that benefit the purpose of the sequence
• In-Depth Cueing and Adjustment options suited for your relationship with the student, as well as sharing PNF techniques,Thai Massage techniques and Creative Expressions to color and deepen your connections.
• Plenty of teaching time infusing Pranayama, Mantra, Mudra, Bandhas, Dharma, Chanting, Partner work, Story-telling and Sangha building exercises to elevate your offerings
• Exploring how the Kosha's guide us as teachers and how to tap into the intuition with more depth as you guide
• Lastly, creating a Sadhana (spiritual practice) to keep our energy and yoga practice balanced as we support others
CONTINUING STUDY OF ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
• We explore the autonomic nervous system, with its delicate balance of sympathetic and parasympathetic functions
that work to keep the body in balance.
• We discuss the vital role of neurotransmitters, the body’s chemical messengers.
• We examine the functions of specific areas of the brain and introduce the concept of neuroplasticity.
• We look at how hormones and neurotransmitters affect our emotions and how stress impacts our health and well-
• Learn the ways that yoga can help us regulate our emotions.
• We explore how building a strong, adaptable immune system is the underlying basis of health.
• We learn about the major deterrents to optimal immune function.
• We discover how yoga and pranayama directly affect heart function.
• We look at the structure and function of the digestive tract, with discussion of consumption, absorption, and
• Learning about the microbiome and delineate the benefits of conscious eating and the role that yoga can play.
• We focus on the urinary tract, including the roles of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra in the body’s
• We look at the process through which the balance of fluids affects blood pressure
• Learn reproductive anatomy and function of females and males from puberty through the aging process and the
benefits of supporting life changes with yoga.
• Discuss and identify the form and function of the skeleton and how joints work and why we need to protect them in
our yoga practice.
• We explore structural differences between individuals and ways that yoga can promote structural alignment and
stimulate bone health.
• Identify selected muscles by their location, shape, size, and action and the importance of connective tissue.
• Understanding the combined Yoga & Ayurveda History and Philosophies within the Sankhya School of Ṣatdarśana • Learn about the 3 Doṣa concepts, their characteristics, their cycles and discover your Doṣa.
• Learn about Māhā Guna (Ayurvedic Psychology).
• Dscussing Yogic Nutrition.
• Learning about Ayurveda Pharmacology.
• Discover the he 5 Prana Vayus (movements) in the subtle body.
• Learn about yoga for Doṣa: Balancing Āsana, Prānāyāma and Dhyāna per Doṣa
• & more
MANTRA, CHANTING & KIRTAN
• Bhakti Yoga the path of devotion
• The Benefits of Chanting
• Sanskrit Mantras
• Celebratory Kirtan
TEACHING AND BUSINESS METHODOLOGY
• Trainees will demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Trainees will get a chance to get final critiques on presentation of the course material with the trainee teaching a mini class.
• Learning about how to run a business in studio and online.
• Learn different branding and marketing tools.
• Gain the ability to develop a loyal following of students who will pay for whatever you have to offer.
• Learning how personal heath and business health go hand in hand.
• Learning how to connect with community and advertise your offerings.
• Learn how to think and grow rich.
Required Books (students's expenses):
- The Upanishads & The Bhagavad Gita (Penguin edition edited by Juan Mascaro)
- Yoga Sutras translated by Edwin Bryant
- Yoga Freedom Immortality by Mircea Eliade
Required Props (student's expenses):
1 mat, 2 blocks, 1 chair, 1 belt, 3 blankets, 1 bolster
Optional: sandbags/weights/eye pillow
➤ Need to know details:
It's a 12 months hybrid program:
- Start Date: September 15th, 2022
- End Date: August 19th, 2023
Every other week & Holidays weeks are OFF
➤ Class meeting times:
- Thursday 5:30pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
- Fridays 5:30pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
- Saturdays 10:30am- 1:30pm & 2:30pm- 5:30pm (some of Saturdays Live @Rising Lotus/ option @Zoom)
➤ Tuition $3650 paid by August 31st
Early bird $3150 (SAVE $500!) paid by July 31st, 2022
✤ In Tuition Includes a 30-class yoga passes for online or in-person classes with Rising Lotus for the duration of training ($500 value).
➤ Payment plans are available by request.
➤ Lock in your spot in this training:
✤ Click Below To Register
✤ Or Register by Phoning us at 708-262-9539 To Connect with a LIVE person and Register!
14911 S. Bell Rd, Homer Glen, IL
Meet Our Teachers
Lead Teacher: Gabriel Halpern
Gabriel Halpern holds a BA in Philosophy, an MA in Health Psychology, and was trained at the Iyengar Yoga Institutes
in San Francisco and Pune, India. Gabriel has practiced since 1970 and gives workshops nationally. He founded and directed the Yoga Circle in Chicago, IL from 1985 until 2018. For over twenty years he was a core performance faculty member at De Paul University’s Theater Department. In 2011, he was awarded the Elder/Mentor of the Year by the Mankind Project. Owing to the direct influence of BKS Iyengar and 50 years of continuous practice and study, Gabriel’s teaching is all that is yoga: zeal in practice, science, art form, lifestyle, and mystical mentoring. At 72, he has finally turned into the ritual elder he has been seeking his whole life.
Rich Logan has traveled the world studying and teaching massage therapy and Yoga. He has been on faculty at the Chicago School of Massage therapy and The Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. As well he has taught in the Indian based Teacher Training group Rishikul in their Nepal program. He teaches yoga anatomy for several teacher trainings in Chicagoland as well as workshops in the surrounding area. Rich has also been a guest speaker on Western massage techniques at the Auyurvedic College in Mysore, India. He has also taught adjustment and anatomy oriented yoga courses for yoga teachers in Hamburg, Germany. He has presented at Wanderlust Chicago, teaching well over a thousand students in Grant Park. He was also a featured yoga presenter at Bhakti fest Midwest in Madison. He also has been performing with Kirtan groups in Chicago since 2002 as a guitarist and fronts his own group with a revolving band of world-class musicians called Akoustikirtan. A serious student of Yoga since 1998, teaching since 2001 and a meditation practitioner since 1978, Rich incorporates his knowledge of anatomy and physiology with a unique understanding of spirituality in the modern world. Rich has studied at the prestigious Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in Madras, India with TKV Desikachar among others presiding, The Atma Vikasa in Mysore with Yogacharya V. Venkatesha and wife Acharye Hema, The Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Center near Dharamsala with Sharat Arora. Rich's significant teachers have been, Kim Shwartz, Tias Little, Aadil Palkhivala, Gabriel Halpern and Anna Forrest. Rich has also assisted Tias Little in workshops as well as his Esalen retreat in 08. He continues to study at the Yoga Circle under the tutelage of the enigmatic and brilliant Gabriel Halpern in the Iyengar tradition. Rich has an eclectic teaching style focusing on the seeming basics to allow for a deeper practice by sitting in some poses for extended periods and moving through other postures smoothly with deliberation attention on placing ourselves in the pose as opposed to habitual patterns and gravity running the show. A mindful practice is focused on, bringing us to the edge of ‘experience’ to ‘witness’ the moment unfold and realize it is us who is the unfolding.
We are excited to announce a NEW addition to our elite YTT300 educator team!
As an internationally traveling yogi, Wade leads retreats, workshops and events around the globe and is known for his innovative approach and inspirational teachings. He creates a sense of community among his students through heart and humor and challenges them to explore their full potential during his uniquely sequenced Vinyasa classes. His style is structured and playful at the same time, offering options of openness, depth and strength so everyone will be appropriately challenged.
Wade holds certifications in Thai and Intuitive massage, Touch for Health, and is an Experienced, Registered Yoga Teacher via the Yoga Alliance. He has studied with master teachers in Asia, India and the U.S. and is always excited to share his new discoveries with his students. He weaves together a fluid, soul-connecting practice: intelligently sequencing fiery and dynamic rajasic asanas along with cooling and balanced satvic asanas.
Beyond the physical practice, he also infuses dharma, bhakti and meditation into class. His meditation and Advaita studies in India with Ramesh Balsekar and in the U.S with Dorje Kelsang have enhanced his intuitive nature and enriched him as a teacher. Seva is also an important part of his practice and he supports and works closely with a number of grassroot charities.
Ultimately, Wade is guided by the dharmic principles of Advaita or ‘oneness and non-separation’, which manifests in a subtle but powerful thread which connects everyone in spirit during his workshops and classes. He strives to find interesting ways to keep his students inspired, and his love for the practice continues to stay energized by the grateful receipt of his students’ good vibes!
Per has practiced and studied conscious movement disciplines for over 30 years. The bulk of his time has been dedicated to deepening his own learning in several embodied professional training programs. He holds accreditations as a Professional Integrative Yoga Therapist, Tai Chi Chi'h (TCC) Instructor, and Nosara Pranassage Practitioner. Per has studied extensively in Ayurveda, Tantra, and his own form of facilitated somatic table work, amongst other disciplines. His formal somatic education includes a year-long professional development program, Somatic Yoga, followed by a continued three-year-long additional commitment studying with Dr. Eleanor Criswell and staff at the Novato Institute for Hanna Clinical Somatic Education. The program's conclusion is expected in January 2021 in California.
Most recently, his evolution in wellness & spirituality has included in-depth exploration in the Japanese dance form, Butoh. Butoh emphasizes experiential movement, body intuition, and invites a witnessing approach to the intellect in the movement process.
His artistic experience, as an "accidental" Butoh teacher, as well as a recent turn towards non-professional dance, are a direct out-cropping of his theatre performance background in college.
Per was one of the first teachers in the Chicago region to expand the use of Yoga Nidra as a stand-alone practice, or coupled with Yoga posture work, for the general public. He held teaching positions in yoga centers, corporations, health clubs, hospitals, and social service agencies throughout Chicago, including a stint at Harpo Studios with Oprah Winfrey.
His formal education is in the Humanities, specifically focusing on Communications and Theatre Arts. Former notable teachers include Hannah Hedricks, Steven Cope, Russill Paul, Dr. Rudy Ballentine, Amba & Don Stapleton, and Joseph & Lillian LePage, amongst others.
In 2010 Karla discovered Ayurveda.
"I was overjoyed to discover that all of my thoughts and feelings about humanity the world at large, along with all that I had learned about healthy eating, had a NAME. I love and wholeheartedly believe in this practice. It has brought me back to my beginnings and allowed me to be in tune with nature and the ancient healing of my ancestors."
Karla is extremely passionate about bringing the healing power of the Ayurvedic lifestyle to her community.
NAMA* Board-Certified Ayurvedic Health Counselor
E-RYT-200 Yoga Instructor
Ayurveda Panchakarma Body Therapist
ACE Certified Fitness Instructor
Secretary, The Council for Ayurveda Credentialing
Faculty, Ananda Ayurveda Academy
My heart’s offering is devoted to awakening women to their Sovereign Divinity, guiding women to connect more deeply to their inner relationship with the truth of who they are, and connecting women to their feminine essence. I carefully listen to my Divine light guidance and guide women individually and collectively through Women’s Temples. I am a Women’s Temple circle facilitator, trained Level 1 and level 2 by Chameli Ardagh from the Awakening Women’s Institute Nevada City, California. My temples include ritual, sacred dance, anointing, chanting, gentle touch, deep sensuality, sacred song, sharing, silence, and prayer. The journey is inward, returning to the natural forms of healing ourselves from a place of divinity and deep love. I prepare temple space for women with deep presence, love and
intimacy witnessing the transformation that happens when we come together in circle to offer our hearts and prayers. I am dedicated to the softening of my own heart, opening myself to my own sensuality and the liberating myself from my own limiting beliefs – so I can fully walk the earth with genuine love and share this legacy of love with other beautiful women
I am also the spiritual force and creator behind TruSelf Empowerment, LLC for preteen and teen girls – A program I developed out of my own low self worth as a preteen and teen girl. I felt I had no direction or ground to stand on. By planting seeds of empowerment, I help girls learn to love themselves early in life. TruSelf Empowerment is designed to inspire girls ages 10-13 to acknowledge, to accept, and to become the best versions of their true selves Gina’s passion is Kirtan Sacred Music that started over 19 years ago at the Midwest Yoga Conference, Detroit, MI. She delved into Sacred Chant Music and has been listening, attending and facilitating Kirtans for the last 19 years with many extremely talented artists like Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band. She went on to study sacred chanting with David Newman at the Kashi Ashram and attended his Kirtan College in 2011 and 2012. Other than being a back up
singer for international Kirtan Artist David Newman and Brenda Mcmorrow she also holds monthly Kirtans in the Midwest. Gina write her own sacred chants and gives her heart and voice to the divine love that lives her my heart. She truly loves sharing sacred music with others and seeing the beauty that comes from each person’s unique voice. Some of Gina’s Credentials: Devoted mother of Three beautiful Children 1996, 2004, 2007 Benjamin, Henry and Fiona (my greatest teachers)
We are brining in a Business Growth & Marketing Specialist Garry Johnson from Hip & Cool Marketing Inc., to help you understand and establish the skills, tools and mind set to be a successful Yoga Instructor.
His holistic and unique approach to growing a Yoga Business is a perfect match for the Yogi/Yogini who wants to have full classes with the ability to develop a loyal following of students who will pay for whatever you have to offer.
Garry brings over 26 years of experience and success in building from scratch, growing and even running businesses in the fitness and health and wellness industry. As a direct result of his coaching, marketing, sales and innovative business systems he has helped Entrepreneurs generate over $100 Million in product and services.
He is a retired Master Hypnotherapist who logged over 20,000 individual sessions in his career, taught and certified some of North America's top Hypnotherapists and is an accomplished Instructor Level Black Belt in 2 different Kung Fu Systems.
He is an International Speaker, Author and Father of 3 beautiful girls, ages 7, 16 and 29.