Yoga In Depth Training & Certification
October 29th, 2020 - February 19th, 2021
Ultimate Mind Body & Spirit Healer: 300 Hrs Online Yoga In Depth Teacher Training
~ Message from Gabriel Halpern Lead Teacher:
"The dharma of a yoga teacher is one of the greatest services that can be given to the world.
To that end, we have gathered a renown staff of instructors with decades of experience between them to launch you forward on a life path that is noble and so needed at this time in the world.
Their combined talents in asana, pranayama, meditation and anatomy present a formidable package of in-depth learning that will foster the best that you have within you.
A most unique aspect of my part of this training will be the increased amount of time practicing teaching asana and not just studying how to teach. Instead of overloading the trainees with too many poses to study, let alone learn how to teach those poses, we will concentrate on doing fewer poses and practicing more teaching. This way each attendee will have been vetted in the total curriculum and not receive a certification which did not check their ability to teach all of the poses that the curriculum had them study.
Another major focus will be therapeutic variations. It takes time to develop a healer’s perspective and the power to transmit what you know. But the truth is that from your very first class students will show up with a garden variety of ailments and a new teacher has to have at least some basic knowledge of what do to to help. Your proficiency with modifications and prop usage will expand exponentially. You will you learn specific responses to meet the needs the various conditions that show up in class. Your confidence in your ability to think on your feet and come up with an appropriate response with the new tools at your disposal will be taken to the next level.
The other veteran staff will gift you with their years of expertise in advanced asana, meditation, pranayama and a detailed study of anatomy that will transform your understanding of Yoga.
I am excited to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share the beauty and depth of the what we all love and aspire to live to the best of our abilities:
-This in depth and eye opening LIVE online 300 hour training and certification is for yoga teachers and advancing students.
Rising Lotus are deeply honored and privileged to hold space for a group of senior Yoga teachers & practitioners that have over 100 years of experience all together and have been positive influences all over the globe. These group of Yogis will be your teachers in Rising Lotus's 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Online Program.
This program's main concentration is on DEEPENING 200hr teachers' and experienced Yogi's practice and offerings.
We are offering an extensive and far-reaching program that has been intricately designed and weaved with love for the purpose of assisting you in fine tuning, strengthening, building onto and expanding your yoga teacher training to the next level. This training will not only guide you towards a deeper connection with yourself and your Truth but it will significantly advance your learning and understanding of the human body and therapeutics of yoga which will enable and qualify you to help treat a broader spectrum of health issues. You will become such a knowledgable and specialized yoga teacher who will finally be able to make a living in this field of work and passion. ♥
TEACHERS (read "Meet Your Teachers" below)
CLASS MEETING TIMES
Class meets Thursday to Sunday 11:00am- 2:00pm and 3:00pm- 6:00pm on ZOOM platform
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
~ YOGA PHILOSOPHY, HISTORY, LIFESTYLE & ETHICS OF YOGA TEACHERS
• Dive deep into seminal yogic texts and their philosophical roots like the Vedas and Upanishads.
• Plunge into readings and discussions on the principles and evolution behind Hinduism.
• Study the Yamas and Niyamas on and off the mat.
• Realize the difficulty and challenge of being a role model while still working on oneself.
• Discussing and writing on the subject of self-study.
• Understand the gerontological issues not only of body and psychology, but also end of life issues.
• Learn how provide safer ways for older and elderly students to continue lifelong practice.
• Learn and understand adaptation, modification, and safety as keys factors to successfully designing a program to accommodate what older anatomies need.
• Train to learn how to work with people who have suffered extreme upheavals in life that require a nuanced approach to their special needs. Issues of abuse, violence, PTSD, etc. will be explored.
• Expand awareness and sensitivity to aspects of healing that the average student does not require but students with trauma backgrounds do.
• Learn the importance of restorative poses to manage stress and the role of how suffering in yoga philosophy can lead to freedom within one’s limitation will be taught.
~THERAPEUTICS OF YOGA & IT'S TEACHINGS
• Earn to bring subjective and objective awareness to the technique of recognizing one’s own anatomy the misalignments.
• Understanding the mechanism of neurological dysfunction using Parkinson’s and MS as frames of reference.
• Learn how to pacify over heated conditions, reduce impingements and re-learn how to relax overtaxed nervous system.
• Understand and learn how to sensitize and adapt to hormonal changes in women’s lives like mensuration, pregnancy, menopause (and more) and necessitate how practice needs to shift to accommodate the seasons of a woman’s life.
• Learn how to adapt the yoga system to oncological issues and major health crisis’s.
• Discover what poses are safe to do pose-operatively.
• Understand how to be of service to those facing cancer so that they not only survive but thrive through the process.
• Understand how the breath pathways get obstructed and what can a yoga teacher do as a pulmonary therapist to offer
alternatives to compliment allopathic approaches to COPD, emphysema, etc.
• Learn how to arrange restorative poses to open the lobes of the lungs passively and not force breathing exercises
prematurely on students who cannot breathe deeply.
• Many critiques exist about the American diet and how unhealthy it can be. Crohn’s, IBS, Diabetes, etc., all represent
digestive difficulties that can impact a person’s well being. Therefore, we will discuss the holistic lifestyle and how
food needs to become one’s medicine.
• Looking at the 3rd Chakra issues and how waring patters reflect personal power loss thereof.
• Learn to set up a sequence of poses that relax and strengthen the stomach and other core muscles.
~ASANAS IN DEPTH
• Advancing Asana in depth with alignment modifications including possible prep work and considerations for entry level positions for students.
• Teaching alignment of poses through seemingly advanced poses with modifications geared to all students.
• Learn to identify problem areas for each class of pose and explore myriad techniques to strengthen or stretch the
weak links in our own bodies wether joint, muscle or fascia, nervous system or emotional holding.
• Learn to assess which techniques might be best suitable for the students at hand.
• Review easier twists and alignment and see what level we can approach more difficult twists with modifications.
• Review of the basics and prop usage(wall, belt, blankets) to insure shoulder and neck safety.
• Continuing the deeper work with discussions on increasing the hips flexibility safely, honoring joint restrictions.
• Modifications will be explored utilizing the wall and chairs to take pressure off the neck.
• Talking on wrist, modifications to make these poses accessible. Strengthening the wrist will be highlighted
• Discussions and application of the Bandhas.
~ CONTINUING STUDY OF ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
• We explore the autonomic nervous system, with its delicate balance of sympathetic and parasympathetic functions
that work to keep the body in balance.
• We discuss the vital role of neurotransmitters, the body’s chemical messengers.
• We examine the functions of specific areas of the brain and introduce the concept of neuroplasticity.
• We look at how hormones and neurotransmitters affect our emotions and how stress impacts our health and well-
• Learn the ways that yoga can help us regulate our emotions.
• We explore how building a strong, adaptable immune system is the underlying basis of health.
• We learn about the major deterrents to optimal immune function.
• We discover how yoga and pranayama directly affect heart function.
• We look at the structure and function of the digestive tract, with discussion of consumption, absorption, and
• Learning about the microbiome and delineate the benefits of conscious eating and the role that yoga can play.
• We focus on the urinary tract, including the roles of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra in the body’s
• We look at the process through which the balance of fluids affects blood pressure
• Learn reproductive anatomy and function of females and males from puberty through the aging process and the
benefits of supporting life changes with yoga.
• Discuss and identify the form and function of the skeleton and how joints work and why we need to protect them in
our yoga practice.
• We explore structural differences between individuals and ways that yoga can promote structural alignment and
stimulate bone health.
• Identify selected muscles by their location, shape, size, and action and the importance of connective tissue.
~ PRANAYAMA & MEDITATION
• Learn and practice the families of breathing practices techniques: Dirgha, Kapalabhati, Ujayii
•Learn and practice meditation techniques: Prana Vayus, Yoga Nidra, Brahaman Dharana (Shelf meditation)
• Learning and or deepening their own practice of core techniques facilitated.
• Provides program trainees with insights into best practices for considering including these techniques in their own teaching curriculum.
• Understanding the combined Yoga & Ayurveda history and philosophies within the Sankhya School of Ṣatdarśana
• Learn about the 3 Doṣa concepts, their characteristics, their cycles and discover your Doṣa.
• Learn about Māhā Guna (Ayurvedic Psychology).
• Discussing Yogic nutrition.
• Learning about Ayurveda pharmacology.
• Discover the he 5 Prana Vayus (movements) in the subtle body.
• Learn about yoga for Doṣa: Balancing Āsana, Prānāyāma and Dhyāna per Doṣa
• & more
~ CREATIVE JOURNALING
• Learning how to journal through channeling Higher Self/Power/Intuition
• Discovering different journaling techniques
• Incorporative meditation into journaling
• Discovering effective journaling prompts
• Journaling from the subconscious
• Journaling for manifesting or creating from the quantum field
~ MANTRA, CHANTING & KIRTAN
• Bhakti Yoga - the path of devotion
• The Benefits of Chanting
• Sanskrit Mantras
• Celebratory Kirtan
~TEACHING AND BUSINESS METHODOLOGY
• Trainees will demonstrate what they’ve learned.
•Trainees will get a chance to get final critiques on presentation of the course material with the trainee teaching a mini class.
• Learning about how to run a business in studio and online.
• Learn different branding and marketing tools.
• Gain the ability to develop a loyal following of students who will pay for whatever you have to offer.
• Learning how personal heath and business health go hand in hand.
• Learning how to connect with community and advertise your offerings.
• Learn how to think and grow rich.
We are here to spark inspiration to Yogi’s who are ready to take it to the next level, ready to step into their own unique autonomy. This training will be the fuel that sparks your fire and your companion on your journey to embodying the teacher role who holds the lantern, who reminds other that what they’re looking for is looking through them. ♥
You will have the ability to hold space and be a divine guide who will be capable of empowering new yoga teachers on their journey and path.
Remember, this program is for those who
• Seek to advance their knowledge on Yoga and go deeper into their personal practice and teachings
• Want to be of service to the community
• Long to discover or re-discover their spiritual path and purpose within the context of teaching
• Are ready to combine their passion of Yoga with financial abundance
• Is prepared to flourish and blossom as a yoga teacher!
This mind expanding and eye opening 300 hour certification for yoga teachers and advancing students will start on October 29th 2020. This entirely online program will have LIVE zoom classrooms with your educators, as well as reading and study from videos, books and other resources marries with self-paced study and community engagement.
At the current moment this 300YTT program is under the review of Yoga Alliance. We GUARANTEE that we will go above and beyond all of Yoga Alliance requirement!!! :) You will absolutely not regret it!
Training takes place Oct 29- Feb 19 on ZOOM Platform
Thursday - Sunday 11-2pm & 3-6pm
Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year weeks are OFF
Early Bird $2850 - paid by September 30th, 2020
$3150 - paid by October 29th, 2020
Payment plan is available
$500 non-refundable deposit (including in Tuition) required upon registration
Required Books (students's expenses):
- The Upanishads & The Bhagavad Gita (Penguin edition edited by Juan Mascaro)
- Yoga Sutras translated by Edwin Bryant
- Yoga Freedom Immortality by Mircea Eliade
- Yoga Anatomy Leslie Kaminoff
Required Props (student's expenses):
1 mat, 2 blocks, 1 chair, 1 belt, 3 blankets, 1 bolster
Optional: sandbags/weights/eye pillow